PrepTime 10mins – Serves 4-5 – Cooktime 35mins
1/2 cup biscuit crumbs (I use the dark chocolate bourbon ones!!!)
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
1.5 cups cream cheese (Philadelphia or Kraft)
1 cup fine castor sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence or rose essence
glazed strawberries – a handful
1 tbsp lemon juice
chocolate fudge sauce for the garnish.
few drops pink/red food color – optional
2. Mix the 1st 4 ingredients together & press evenly on the base of your baking dish/ bowls & even up 1 inch on the inner sides of the dish. Place in the fridge to set
3. Cream the cheese & sugar together.
4. Separate the egg whites & yolks, beat the yolks well & mix into the cheese-sugar mix
5. Mix the lemon, 3-4 drops of color (or leave it for later for a swirly look) & essence into the mixture
6. Using a high-speed hand-mixer, beat the egg whites for abt 5 minutes to form stiff peaks
7. Fold the peaks into the yolks-sugar mixture – very gently
( If you have set the color aside, add it now, a drop at a time & fold lightly & just a little, for a swirly look)
8. Pour this mixture onto the crust lined bowl(s)
9. Bake for 30 mins on the centre shelf, or until the centre is firm (do the toothpick test; Rem, its less time for individual servings).
10. Cool & then chill in the fridge.
Be creative with your choice for garnish: Spread some strawberry jam &/or some whipped cream, sliced strawberries, chocolate shavings or sauce, dust some castor sugar &/or cinnamon pwd – As you like!